Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My First Clippie


Hair Clippie is my favourite. They are cute and can make one get hooked over making them. I do for sure....my only constraint is finding times to make more. But once I started, I usually aim to complete at least one project.


I started with felt and find it quite difficult to cut smooth edges, much more if the design is in small sizes. Really need good sharp scissors. Have thought of using the shaped paper cutter but not sure if it works with felt. Will try it out someday and let you all know. Anyone out there would like to give me ideas.


Try out a simple one and turn to be too fit for the clip. I realized the need to give extra space allowance for the clip pocket cause once we sew the felt, bear in mind that we're going to put a hair clip inside and the bulk of the clip will stretch the felt. We can always trim the excess afterward. Nonetheless we cannot make the clip pocket too wide otherwise the clippies will look sloppy.


Here is my heart clippie (second attempt actually). I can't find my very first one as it looks so bad that I don't bother to keep it. Will post if I find it.


Third attempt - Tree clippie



Noticed that they are not in proportion. The trunk is big for the leaves, looks like an unhealthy tree to me LOL.


Fourth attempt - Flower clippie

Yummy, sweet colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment